Sunday, August 6, 2023

Verse of the Day 8/6

Verse of the Day 8/6



Romans 8:15-16
English Standard Version



15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,


Romans 8 came up in my daily read through the New Testament plan that I follow.  It is my favorite chapter in the Bible for many reasons.  The chapter begins in verse 1 with "there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus".  Satan, as the great accuser, does his best to convince us that we have failed and would never accept us. But in His amazing grace and the love of Christ, we are accepted, not to remain as we are but to grow in our faith through the Holy Spirit dwelling in us.

The chapter ends with verses 38 and 39:

Romans 8:38-39
English Standard Version


38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In between we have the "all things" promises.  "All things work together for good" v.28; He will "graciously give us all things" that we need v.32; in "all these things (the trials of life) we are more than conquerors" through Him; and then He concludes the chapter with "nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God."

All these things should help us to remember that God is for us; we are children of God; ane we need not fall back into fear but continue to call out "Abba Father", "daddy" and His Spirit will confirm His love and secure our faith in Him.

You unravel me, with a melody  You surround me with a song  Of deliverance, from my enemies  Till all my fears have gone  I'm no longer a slave to fear  I am a child of God    I'm no longer a slave to fear  I am a child of God    From my mothers womb  You have chosen me  Love has called my name  I've been born again, into a family  Your blood flows through my veins    I'm no longer a slave to fear  I am a child of God                   (No Longer Slaves - Bethel Music)  




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Romans 8:12-17
English Standard Version

Heirs with Christ

12 So then, brothers,[a] we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons

of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.


No comments: