Thursday, August 3, 2023

Verse of the Day 8/3

Verse of the Day 8/3    



2 Corinthians 13:4-5 English Standard Version




For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.
Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!
 
Some who were around when Jesus was crucified must have felt that Jesus was weak.  He had showed no power over the "authorities" who carried out a rigged trial and sentenced Him to death.  They were soon proved wrong by the power of God, put on display in Jesus' resurrection and how He overcame the grave.  He is the ultimate "overcomer".

Christians are often looked upon as weak as they face various trials and don't have the power in themselves to overcome them.  But when those who put their faith and trust in Christ through those trials, He is proven strong by their faith and perseverence in Him. They are a living testimony to the hope that they have for the future and He provides the grace to live it out as they wait on Him, looking forward to that day when they willl be transformed, made whole for eternity.

Verse 6 calls on Jesus' followers to "examine themselves", to see how they are living up to what they believe.  As you read His Word and pray He will reveal to you how you're doing and encourage and challenge you to live what you believe.

Living for Jesus a life that is true,
Striving to please Him in all that I do;
Yielding allegiance, glad-hearted and free,
This is the pathway of blessing for me.
 O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
I give myself to Thee,
For Thou, in Thy [redemption],*
Didst give Thyself for me;
I own no other Master,
My heart shall be Thy throne,
My life I give, henceforth to live,
O Christ, for Thee alone.
2
Living for Jesus who died in my place,
Bearing on Calv'ry my sin and disgrace;
Such love constrains me to answer His call,
Follow His leading and give Him my all.
3
Living for Jesus wherever I am,
Doing each duty in His holy name;
Willing to suffer affliction and loss,
Deeming each trial a part of my cross.
4
Living for Jesus through earth's little while,
My dearest treasure, the light of His smile;
Seeking the lost ones He died to redeem,
Bringing the weary to find rest in Him.

2 Corinthians 13:14
English Standard Version



14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.






Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

2 Corinthians 13:1-6
English Standard Version

Final Warnings

13 This is the third time I am coming to you. Every charge must be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. I warned those who sinned before and all the others, and I warn them now while absent, as I did when present on my second visit, that if I come again I will not spare them— since you seek proof that Christ is speaking in me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.

Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! I hope you will find out that we have not failed the test.


No comments: