Friday, August 4, 2023

Verse of the Day 8/4

Verse of the Day 8/4



Jeremiah 33:2-3
English Standard Version



"Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.


One of the things that I like about social media is that I automatically receive posts with photos of our national parks.  I love seeing pictures from Yosemite; the Grand Canyon; Zion National Park; the Grand Tetons and others.  The photos make me appreciate our God, "who made the earth" and established it and keeps it going.  Then I step back in amazement at the thought that the Creator also cares about me, cares abouit all of us and that "He is for us".  

I'm reminded of the chorus by Jack Hayford that we used to sing


Majesty, worship His Majesty
Unto Jesus, be all glory, honor and praise
Majesty, kingdom authority, flow from His throne
Unto His own, His anthem raise
So exalt, lift up on high, the name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify, Christ Jesus, the King
Majesty, worship His Majesty
Jesus who died, now glorified
King of all kings.


Next month, Lord willing, I am supposed to spend some time in Montana.  I'm looking forward to it for these same reasons.  If any of you are visiting any national parks or will be enjoying the mountains or sunsets over the ocean.  Take time to call on the Lord, He will answer you and reveal Himself to you.




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Jeremiah 33:1-3
English Standard Version

The Lord Promises Peace

33 The word of the Lord came to Jeremiah a second time, while he was still shut up in the court of the guard: "Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.


No comments: