Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Verse of the Day 2/7

Verse of the Day 2/7



2 Peter 1:5-6
New King James Version

Fruitful Growth in the Faith


But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control 
perseverance, to perseverance godliness,

In reading today's verses it is easy to see the progression.  A living faith is to be a growing faith.  A couple of words jump out that indicate this -diligence and perseverence.  Day by day our growth, our knowledge and our actions are to be showing in our lives.  That doesn't mean that there won't be ups and downs.  John Bunyan's famous work Pilgrim's Progress comes to mind as does Oswald Chambers devotional "My Utmost for His Highest".

What are you doing to "add to your faith"?  May it be our hope and prayer to be led and to press on to higher ground.

1 I'm pressing on the upward way,
New heights I'm gaining ev'ry day;
Still praying as I'm onward bound,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Refrain:
Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith, on heaven's tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2 My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground. [Refrain]

3 I want to live above the world,
Though Satan's darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught a joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground. [Refrain]

4 I want to scale the utmost height,
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I'll pray till heav'n I've found,

"Lord, lead me on to higher ground." [





Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

No comments: