Thursday, April 25, 2024

Verse of the Day 4/25

Verse of the Day 4/25


John 3:36
New International Version



36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

There's a country music song out that says "in the end, everybody talks to God", I'm not going to go into the theology of a country and western song, but that line has in it.  At the end of life, we will come before our maker and none of the excuses used here in this life as to why we didn't believe and have faith in Him will work.  Everyone is making that decision. You've probably heard it said in reference to other decisions "not to decide is to decide not to".

It is something to think about and something worth talking with others about.

Pastor Greg Laurie writes:

Death is not the end of existence. The real you is not this body you live in; it is your soul. It is your spirit that lives on after your body has gone.
History tells of the renowned atheist Voltaire, who was one of the most aggressive antagonists of the Christian faith. He did everything he could to undermine Christianity. But the nurse who attended him on his deathbed reportedly said that for all the wealth in Europe, she never would watch another atheist die.
In contrast, the great evangelist Dwight L. Moody said on his deathbed, "I see earth receding; Heaven is opening; God is calling me."
You can die like Voltaire. Or, you can die like Moody. But there will be a future judgment. And if you have put your faith in Jesus Christ, then you won't be there. 

As for me, I'd rather see Heaven opening and have God calling me home.

  1. This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through,
    My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue;
    The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
    And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
    • Refrain:
      O Lord, You know I have no friend like You,
      If heaven's not my home, then, Lord, what will I do?
      The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
      And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
  2. They're all expecting me, and that's one thing I know—
    My Savior pardoned me, and now I onward go;
    I know He'll take me through though I am weak and poor,
    And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
  3. I have a loving Savior up in glory-land,
    I don't expect to stop until I with Him stand;
    He's waiting now for me in heaven's open door,
    And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
  4. Just up in glory-land we'll live eternally,
    The saints on every hand are shouting victory,
    Their songs of sweetest praise drift back from heaven's shore,
    And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 3:31-36
New International Version

31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[a] gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.


No comments: