Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Verse of the Day 6/8

Through the Bible - 2 Chronicles 28-30, John 18
 
Good morning,
We've looked at and considered what it means to abide in Jesus for the last several days.  Before changing subjects, for today's verses I thought we'd go to Proverbs chapter 8.
Prov 8:34-36
Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me,
awake and ready for me each morning,
alert and responsive as I start my day's work.
When you find me, you find life, real life,
to say nothing of God's good pleasure.  
from The Message

Various translations such as the NKJV below, speak of watching and waiting daily at His doors or gates.  The picture is anxiously waiting for your Master, your King to bring word to you, being ready to go where He sends you and do what He tells you, joyfully.
 
I like the mornings, it's probably the best time of the day for me.  May we approach our days being ready, alert and responsive to the Word of the Lord and His promptings.  These verses tell us that it is in doing so, in abiding, that we will find real life and yes God's good pleasure.
 
James 1:22-25   Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.
 
But whoever catches a glimpse of the revealed counsel of God — the free life! — even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, is no distracted scatterbrain but a man or woman of action. That person will find delight and affirmation in the action.   - The Message
In Christ,
Mike
mikevw@bellsouth.net
http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Prov 8:32-9:1
 
32 "Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death."  
NKJV

No comments: