Saturday, March 16, 2013

Verse of the Day 3/16

Ezekiel 36:26-27  I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will place My Spirit within you and cause you to follow My statutes and carefully observe My ordinances. Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

When I was thinking of yesterday's verse and the thoughts of walking along the beach with fresh air in my lungs I thought of the Third Day song "Born Again".  Then in my devotions my Old Testament reading was in Ezekiel 36 where I came across these verses and the notes in my HCSB Study Bible which state that "regeneration is a secret act of God by which He imparts new spiritual life to dead hearts.  This is sometimes called being born again."  
 
Having been saved from the crashing waves, the storms of life, walking on the beach through the woods or along city streets help us to appreciate the air in our lungs and the blessings in our lives.  Being born again gives one a new lease on life, one of praise and thanksgiving for every day.  Makes you want to sing.
 
It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
For the very first time

It feels like I'm breathing
It feels like I'm moving
For the very first time
For the very first time

I wasn't looking for something that was more,
Than what I had yesterday,
Then You came to me,
Then You gave to me,
Life and a love that I've never known,
That I've never felt before   - Third Day

To hear the song and listen, perhaps sing to the video :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_dP2n-5W8
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ezekiel 36:24-28   The Message (MSG)

24-28 "'For here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!

No comments: