Friday, September 6, 2013

Verse of the Day 9/6

Romans 12:2  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.   New International Version (NIV)

God's amazing grace is a common theme in the book of Roman's and throughout Paul's writings in the New Testament.
Perhaps today, more than ever, the world is trying to press us into its mold, to conform us to the secular "norms" of society.  In today's verse God's grace isn't specificallly mentioned but it seen in His transforming power in our lives.  The way it operates is to change our way of thinking, to change our thought patterns, or thought process, renewing our minds.
I'm reminded of the old hymn "May the Mind of Christ, My Savior" comes to mind.  May we be transformed by His grace, by His power as we live our lives today.
May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say
.
May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.
May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.
May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.
In Christ,
Mike 

Follow the verse of the day at http://www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com/

Romans 12:1-3

Amplified Bible (AMP)
12 I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.

No comments: