Thursday, February 6, 2014

Verse of the Day 2/6

 Verse of the Day 2/6
 
Psalm 55:16-17  But I call to God,
and the Lord will save me.
I complain and groan morning, noon, and night,
and He hears my voice.   Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
 
 
My wife Jean has been leading a Bible study group and recently an assignment was to rewrite Psalm 23 in the exact (as closely as possible) opposite in tone and meaning to the original.  It was not an easy thing to do.  After reading what she wrote, I asked if I could share it.
 
The Lord isn't My Shepherd.
 I want everything!
 He never lets me rest,
 He brings me into the crashing waves.
 He drains me.
 He gives me no direction and leaves me all alone.
 When I am at my best
 I am filled with fear for I am alone.
 Your empty hands, scare me.
 I have nothing to give my family and friends.
 You curse me and my cup is empty.
 Surely your meanness and hate will
 Follow me and my life will be filled with darkness and I won't dwell
 in the house of The Lord for even a minute.
 
If we are honest with ourselves, and God, aren't there times when we feel this way towards God in many of these examples?  We accuse Him of abandoning us, leaving us empty, drained and unable to find rest, let alone quiet waters.
 
The amazing thing is that He takes this, He hears our complaints, our groans and grumblings and is still ready (as we considered yesterday) to lift us out of the muck and the mire and set us on a rock, giving us a firm place to land, stand and eventually move forward.  In light of these things, how much greater do His love, mercy and grace appear to us.
 
Wherever you find yourself today, be aware that God does hear you, He is answering your prayers, one way or another.  One day you will be able to see how these prayers had been answered for your good and His glory.  May we be able to say "as for me, I will call upon God" (v.16 AMP).
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at http://www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com/

Psalm 55:16-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)
16 As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord will save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon will I utter my complaint and moan and sigh, and He will hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me [so that none came near me], for they were many who strove with me.
 

No comments: