Sunday, April 30, 2017

Verse of the Day 4/30

Verse of the Day 4/30

Psalm 148:1Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord from the heavens;
    praise him in the heights!
Mountains and all hills,fruit trees and all cedars!  English Standard Version (ESV)



Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Zion National Park in Utah.  It was a beautiful, sun shiny spring day.  I was struck by the beauty   and majesty of God's creation and I could not help but praise Him for it, praise Him for His creative work and praise Him for His redemptive  work in saving a man like me.    I read today's psalm this week in the course of my daily reading and as I did I was brought back to those places and with the help of photos  was better able to recall the beauty and majesty.  Around just about every turn there was another opportunity to praise Him in with a song in  my heart for His great faithfulness.    
Oh Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds
Thy hands have made
I see the stars
I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout
The universe displayed
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

As I stepped out of the hotel in the evening I was amazed by the stars in the heavens, also referrenced in this psalm.  They also took me to  Psalm 8 where we read:  

Psalm 8:3-4English Standard Version (ESV)

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?

  The next time you have the opportunity to see the beauty of His creation.  Make sure that you are praising the Creator and not the creation,   and sing a song of praise to Him.                    In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 148The Message (MSG)

148 1-5 Hallelujah! Praise God from heaven,     praise him from the mountaintops; Praise him, all you his angels,     praise him, all you his warriors, Praise him, sun and moon,     praise him, you morning stars; Praise him, high heaven,     praise him, heavenly rain clouds; Praise, oh let them praise the name of God     he spoke the word, and there they were!

He set them in place     from all time to eternity; He gave his orders,     and that's it!

7-12 Praise God from earth,     you sea dragons, you fathomless ocean deeps; Fire and hail, snow and ice,     hurricanes obeying his orders; Mountains and all hills,     apple orchards and cedar forests; Wild beasts and herds of cattle,     snakes, and birds in flight; Earth's kings and all races,     leaders and important people, Robust men and women in their prime,     and yes, graybeards and little children.

13-14 Let them praise the name of God     it's the only Name worth praising. His radiance exceeds anything in earth and sky;     he's built a monument—his very own people!

Praise from all who love God!     Israel's children, intimate friends of God. Hallelujah!

  

No comments: