Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Verse of the Day 5/24

Verse of the Day 5/24


Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you;

    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.    English Standard Version (ESV)

In yesterday's post we considered what it means to us to have the Creator of the universe "standing by" to deliver us.   I quoted the refrain from the Rich Mullins song "My Deliverer" - " My Deliverer is coming, my Deliverer is standing by , He will never break His promise, He has written it upon the sky."  As I read today's verse and reflected again on His promise I was brought back to another line from the song.

My Deliverer is coming, my Deliverer is standing by 
He will never break His promise though the stars should break faith with the sky 

Anyone who is able to look up to the skies and see the stars can easily identify the big dipper, the little dipper and other constellations.  They've been in place through the ages since time began, or should I say that God created them and hung them in place.  God is more dependable than the stars that He created.  That same God has a hold of you and promises to strengthen you and continue to uphold you.

Today is a gloomy day in NC with gray overcast skies and predictions of coming  storms.  That's how it is in life  sometimes, but in those days and even through the storms of life today's verse is one that we can turn back to.  John Piper writes, "When the motor of  my mind is in neutral, the turn of the gear is Isaiah 41:10". Today if you have some idle  moments may your thoughts be directed back to this verse and God's promise.

Because I, your God,
    have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go.
I'm telling you, 'Don't panic.
    I'm right here to help you.'  (Isaiah 41:13 The Message)
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 41:10-13The Message (MSG)

8-10 "But you, Israel, are my servant.
    You're Jacob, my first choice,
    descendants of my good friend Abraham.
I pulled you in from all over the world,
    called you in from every dark corner of the earth,
Telling you, 'You're my servant, serving on my side.
    I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.'
Don't panic. I'm with you.
    There's no need to fear for I'm your God.
I'll give you strength. I'll help you.
    I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.

11-13 "Count on it: Everyone who had it in for you
    will end up out in the cold—
    real losers.
Those who worked against you
    will end up empty-handed—
    nothing to show for their lives.
When you go out looking for your old adversaries
    you won't find them—
Not a trace of your old enemies,
    not even a memory.
That's right. Because I, your God,
    have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go.
I'm telling you, 'Don't panic.
    I'm right here to help you.'

  

No comments: