Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Verse of the Day 5/9

Verse of  the Day 5/9
 
John 1:12-13  But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.  English Standard Version (ESV)
 
In  yesterday's passage in Luke 6 Jesus called out His disciples.  He called them out and into His "family".  If we have received Him, believed in His name  we too are part of  His family.
 
Yesterday, I received an email from Ancestry.com that the  results were back from  my DNA test.  It revealed that  I  am 75% northern  Scandinavian, 18% western European and 7% British.  I have no  idea where the British  part  came from but my Scandinavian roots on my paternal grandfathers side can be traced back into the 1600's.   Each of our DNA is recorded  in our blood.
 
Being  part of God's family  is all traced through  one,  actually  Three in One – Father , Son, and  Holy Spirit.  Like  the  disciples God has  called us into, to be a part of His family with a purpose.  He has work  for us to do.  To receive Him means  to acknowledge His claims that He is who He says He is, to put our faith  and  trust in Him and give Him our allegiance.
 
Thinking of allegiance brought me to the old Him "Living for Jesus". 
 
 
 Living for Jesus a life that is true; 
striving to please him in all that I do, 
yielding allegiance, gladhearted and free, 
this is the pathway of blessing for me. 

Refrain: 
O Jesus, Lord and Savior, 
I give myself to thee; 
for thou, in thy atonement, 
didst give thyself for me; 
I own no other master, 
my heart shall be thy throne, 
My life I give, henceforth to live, 
O Christ for thee alone. 
 
Though  our  earthly lineage  may be strong and traced well back, I doubt  that many of us "live for it".  Our spiritual lineage is stronger, it goes back to One and it gives us the  power and  grace to live for Him.
 
Blessings,
 
Mike
 
John 1:12-13The Message (MSG)
9-13 The Life-Light was the real thing:
    Every person entering Life
    he brings into Light.
He was in the world,
    the world was there through him,
    and yet the world didn't even notice.
He came to his own people,
    but they didn't want him.
But whoever did want him,
    who believed he was who he claimed
    and would do what he said,
He made to be their true selves,
    their child-of-God selves.
These are the God-begotten,
    not blood-begotten,
    not flesh-begotten,
    not sex-begotten.
 
 


Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: