Friday, July 28, 2017

Verse of the Day 7/28

 
Verse of the Day 7/28
 
Psalm 25:4-5   Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.  English Standard Version (ESV)
 
In yesterday's post and verses in 2 Timothy we considered how  declared that the Word  of  God was "profitable" for teaching, reproof, correction and training.  His  heart and his life were devoted to those things.  In his  writings, inspired by God  he showed the  heart of many of the Old Testament  passages that are quoted in the New  Testament, many of them from the  book  of Psalms written by King David who sought to know  God's ways, His heart.
 
The way to know  God's ways and the pathway in life is  to be taught, led and adhere to the will of God as found through the study of  His word and prayer.  In this modern age we have God's word  at our fingertips in book, digital  and audio forms, the key is to pick it up and listen, hear what God is saying to us.  Charles  Spurgeon writes, "If I were to say, "Hands up, everyone who has a Bible!"--everybody's hands here would go up, as I suppose that nobody here is without a Bible.  But if I were to ask, "How many here, as a habit and a delight, meditate upon the Scriptures?"--I wonder how many hands would be raised? Well, I will not ask you that question, but let everybody ask it for himself and judge himself concerning it in the sight of God."
 
May we be able  to answer Spurgeon's questions and affirm that we "delight" in His  Word?  If  we do,  David's  prayer  in these verses will be  our  prayer our motto day by day.
 
Blessings,
 
Mike
 

Psalm 25:4-10New Living Translation (NLT)

Show me the right path, O Lord;
    point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God who saves me.
    All day long I put my hope in you.
Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
    which you have shown from long ages past.
Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
    Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
    for you are merciful, O Lord.
The Lord is good and does what is right;
    he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
He leads the humble in doing right,
    teaching them his way.
10 The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
    all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.
 

 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: