Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Verse of the Day 7/18

Verse of the Day 7/18

Isaiah 30:21   And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.     English Standard Version (ESV)

Having you ever been for a walk in an unfamiliar city or perhaps riding a bike along an unfamiliar path where you come to a point and stop not knowing which direction to go, what path to take.  Often, someone who is with you, who has been there before comes up behind you and says "you want to go that way".  You hadn't asked for directions but it was given to you and you responded.

That's how it is many times in life.  We are busy, going about our business relying on our own sense of direction until we face a situation where we are unsure of which way we should go, what path to take, what decision to make.  When we know the Bible, when it is "hidden in our hearts" it will come to you during these times and give you direction.

David Jeremiah writes, "Isaiah likened this to hearing a word behind us, whispering directions for the pathway ahead. In making your decisions, read the Bible, pray for guidance, use your best judgment, and trust the Lord. He will lead you in the right path."  We are to be His faithful followers when He gives us those directions.  Know God's Word, Know God's way.

  1. He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
    O words with heav'nly comfort fraught!
    Whate'er I do, where'er I be
    Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
    • Refrain:
      He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
      By His own hand He leadeth me;
      His faithful foll'wer I would be,
      For by His hand He leadeth me.
  2. Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom,
    Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
    By waters still, o'er troubled sea,
    Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me.
  3. Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
    Nor ever murmur nor repine;
    Content, whatever lot I see,
    Since 'tis my God that leadeth me.
  4. And when my task on earth is done,
    When by Thy grace the vict'ry's won,
    E'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
    Since God through Jordan leadeth me.    Joseph Gilmore



--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 30:18-22 New Living Translation (NLT)

Blessings for the Lord's People

18 So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
    so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God.
    Blessed are those who wait for his help.

19 O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem,
    you will weep no more.
He will be gracious if you ask for help.
    He will surely respond to the sound of your cries.
20 Though the Lord gave you adversity for food
    and suffering for drink,
he will still be with you to teach you.
    You will see your teacher with your own eyes.
21 Your own ears will hear him.
    Right behind you a voice will say,
"This is the way you should go,"
    whether to the right or to the left.
22 Then you will destroy all your silver idols
    and your precious gold images.
You will throw them out like filthy rags,
    saying to them, "Good riddance!"

No comments: