Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Verse of the Day 7/25

Verse of the Day 7/25
Psalm 143:8 Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul. English Standard Version (ESV)
I woke up this morning at about 4 am with my mind racing about things that I have to do today. After a while it became evident that if I continued down that path I wouldn't be falling back to sleep. So I changed course and prayed and then was able to settle down and go back to sleep. When I awoke the first thing I did was to reach for my iPad and read a couple of devotions. One of them was on today's verse and the importance of the first 10 minutes of the day.
How often do we wake up with our minds racing, jump out of bed, hit the shower, grab a quick bite to eat, head out the door, possibly stopping at Starbuck's or somewhere else for coffee and then head into the office and join the fray. It is no wonder that all too often, we become "frazzled"or "frayed", at the end of our rope at some point during that day.
I've come to realise that if I don't start the day our right in spending time with God in prayer and in His Word, that the scenario just described above will be my course for the day.
I do have a busy day ahead, but His Word has given me perspective. I pray for His guidance and wisdom and to be able to get the important things done and let the rest fill in any cracks. I pray the same for you. I'll close with a passage from Ephesians that also came up in my devotions today. I pray for my own "inner strength"and I pray for yours today as well.
When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:14-19 New Living Translation (NLT)
Read the short passage below. Take some time today to "ponder His great works" (Psalm 143:5), to say a prayer to God for yourself and for others in your life that come to mind.
Blessings,
Mike
Psalm 143:5-10 New Living Translation (NLT)
5 I remember the days of old.
I ponder all your great works
and think about what you have done.
6 I lift my hands to you in prayer.
I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain. Interlude
7 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
for my depression deepens.
Don't turn away from me,
or I will die.
8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to you.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
I run to you to hide me.
10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing.
 

 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: