Friday, July 27, 2018

Verse of the Day 7/27

 
Verse of the Day 7/27

Psalm 139:7-8 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! English Standard Version (ESV)
I'm sure that we've all played "peek a boo"with a child and most likely you've seen a little child cover their eyes when they've done something wrong, thinking that if they can't see you, you can't see them. As adults it seems funny or even cute, but yet, how many times do we feel that we can cover our eyes and hide from God?
Today's verses from Psalm 139 are a reminder that God is always there, He is always with us and He always sees us. That should be a humbling though to us. He not only sees us, He knows us and even knows are innermost thoughts.
A.W. Tozer writes, "God is above all things, beneath all things, outside of all things, and inside of all things. God is above, He is not pushed up. He's beneath, but not pressed down. He's outside, but He's not excluded. He's inside, but He's not confined. God is above all things presiding, beneath all things sustaining, outside of all things embracing, and inside of all things filling. That is the immanence of God."
Rather than covering his eyes or trying to hide from God, (which he had done at times in his life), David calls for God to search and know his heart and to lead him. May it be the attitude of our hearts today, instead of trying to hide, to seek Him, call for Him to examine our hearts and innermost thoughts, and to lead us in the right way.
Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts![a]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting! English Standard Version (ESV)
Blessings,
Mike
Psalm 139:1-8 New Living Translation (NLT)
Psalm 139
For the choir director: A psalm of David.
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!
7 I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave,[a] you are there.


Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: