Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Verse of the Day 1/16


Verse of the Day 1/16

Matthew 11:28-29 "Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Then come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis. 29 Simply join your life with mine. Learn my ways and you'll discover that I'm gentle,[d] humble, easy to please. You will find refreshment and rest in me. The Passion Translation (TPT)

Burdens can come in many shapes and forms. It might be an illness, an injury, the loss of a loved one, care for a loved one who has strayed from the path; you've been there or might be there right now. It can feel like you are alone in a desert. You are thirsty, tired and at times, feel as if you can't go on.

Perhaps you know someone who has been battling cancer or had another serious illness with slow recovery or little hope for a complete recovery, yet in spite of all that, they are more positive than you are. You may wonder how they can be like that or even how can i be like that?

Jesus says "come to me". I've been reading The Passion Translation this year and in today's reading what jumped out at me in this familiar verse was the concept of an oasis. You can picture a spring or a stream in the desert that brings the refreshment that you need. Drinking from that cool spring, you find relief, can breath deeper, you have renewed hope.

If you find your self in a desert place, if you have burdens, bring them to Jesus, spend time in His Word, and pray. In Him you can find the oasis and the refreshment that you need.

Shackled by a heavy burden,
'Neath a load of guilt and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me,
And now I am no longer the same

He touched me, oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know,
He touched me and made me whole

Since I met this blessed Savior,
Since He cleansed and made me whole,
I will never cease to praise Him,
I'll shout it while eternity rolls. (William Gaither)

Read the passage below.

Blessings,
Mike

Matthew 11:25-30 English Standard Version (ESV)

Come to Me, and I Will Give You Rest
25 At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.[a] 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: