Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Verse of the Day 2/20

Verse of the Day 2/20

John 10:27-28  My own sheep will hear my voice and I know each one, and they will follow me. 28 I give to them the gift of eternal life and they will never be lost and no one has the power to snatch them out of my hands.  The Passion Translation (TPT)

Yesterday we considered how Jesus told us in Matthew 28:20 "I am with you every day".  If we are following Him, trusting Him; calling on Him He will speak to us.  I am not saying that it will be an audible voice, but if we are in His Word and in prayer, the Holy Spirit will speak to us and guide us.

Today's verses are real for Jesus' followers.  When they are in His Word and in prayer He will speak to them, to us, and we will hear His voice.  We will hear things that we need to hear; for today; for this moment.  He gives us eternal life which should comfort us in the storms.  If we feel lost and are dealing with uncertainty He tells us we "will never be lost" and no one can snatch them out of His hand.  He's the one doing the holding and can give us that assurance.

These are the things that I heard from His voice today as well as the verses below from Isaiah 12 which came up in my devotions today.

Isaiah 12:2-3  Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
'For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.' "
3 Therefore with joy you will draw water
From the wells of salvation. New King James Version (NKJV)

Hear His voice today.

Blessings,

Mike

John 10:22-30 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Shepherd Knows His Sheep
22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, "How long do You keep us in [a]doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."

25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, [b]as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one."


j
Blessings, Mike Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: