Thursday, April 11, 2019

Verse of the Day 4/11

Verse of the Day 4/11

Psalm 9:9-10  All who are oppressed may come to you as a

shelter in the time of trouble, a perfect hiding place.
10 May everyone who knows your mercy
keep putting their trust in you,
for they can count on you for help no matter what.
O Lord, you will never, no never, neglect those
who come to you.    The Passion Translation (TPT)

Today's verses just happened to come up in my daily reading in the Psalms (really?).  They are words that I needed to hear.  God, through His Word; is a hiding place for us in the storms of life.  He is a refuge; a fortress; a shelter for those who come to Him in faith for relief in the storm.

The second part that I'd like to focus on are the words in verse 10, "you will never, no never, neglect those who come to you".  In our lives there are times when we wander, get off track and neglect God, neglect spending time with Him in His Word and in prayer, but He does not ignore us or neglect us, when we come to Him, when we come back to Him.

The words "hiding place" remind me of the Steven Curtis Chapman song "Hiding Place" which spoke to me in a previous storm in my life.

In the distance I can see the storm clouds coming my way,
And I need to find a shelter
Before it starts to rain,
So I turn and run to you Lord;
You're the only place to go,
Where unfailing love surrounds me
When I need it most.
You're my hiding place;
Safe in your embrace,
I'm protected from the storm that rages
When the waters rise,
And I run to hide;
Lord, in You I find my hiding place.
I'm not asking You to take away
My troubles, Lord,
'Cause it's through the stormy weather
I learn to trust You more.
So I thank You for Your promise;
I have come to know
Your unfailing love surrounds me
When I need it most.
You're my hiding place;

What are you facing today?  Know that you have a safe hiding place in the Lord.



--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 9:9-14 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Lord also will be a refuge[a] for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

11 Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion!
Declare His deeds among the people.
12 When He avenges blood, He remembers them;
He does not forget the cry of the [b]humble.

13 Have mercy on me, O Lord!
Consider my trouble from those who hate me,
You who lift me up from the gates of death,
14 That I may tell of all Your praise
In the gates of [c]the daughter of Zion.
I will rejoice in Your salvation.

No comments: