Sunday, April 7, 2019

Verse of the Day 4/7

Verse of the Day 4/7

Psalm 6:3-4 How long until you take away this pain in my body and in my soul?

Lord, I'm trembling in fear!
Yahweh, return to me and deliver my life
because I know your faithful love is toward me.  
The Passion Translation (TPT)

My wife Jean will be going in for cancer surgery on Tuesday.  She had major surgery just over a year ago and the cancer has popped up again.  Through it all Jean's faith has been strong and we've leaned on God in and through these times and we will once again as she heads towards this surgery.  To have some fears is natural in this situaton but as I read today's verses in my daily reading through the Psalms they spoke to me.  We cry out and call out to God as the psalmist did; admitting our fears and yet depending on His faithful love that is "toward" us.
As we worshipped in church this morning we sang the following new song "He Will Hold Me Fast".  It fit right along with the scripture verses and our state of mind our "state of faith".

When I fear my faith will fail, Christ will hold me fast;
When the tempter would prevail, He will hold me fast.
I could never keep my hold through life's fearful path;
For my love is often cold; He must hold me fast.
He will hold me fast, He will hold me fast;
For my Saviour loves me so, He will hold me fast.  (Keith and Krystin Getty)

Over the next couple of days we'd appreciate it if you would take the time to lift Jean up in prayer, for wisdom and direction for the doctors, for God's healing hand to be at work in her body to remove the cancer that they will be unable to take.  We've seen tumors taken away in our son Jason several years ago and we know and we pray that he will do it once again.

Philippians 1:19-22 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if Ilive on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.  New King James Version (NKJV)

Blessings 

Mike 

Psalm 6 New King James Version (NKJV)

A Prayer of Faith in Time of Distress

To the Chief Musician. With stringed instruments. On [a]an eight-stringed harp. A Psalm of David.

Lorddo not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I amweak;
Lordheal me, for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O Lord—how long?

Return, O Lord, deliver me!
Oh, save me for Your mercies' sake!
For in death there is no remembrance of You;
In the grave who will give You thanks?

I am weary with my groaning;
[b]All night I make my bed swim;
I drench my couch with my tears.
My eye wastes away because of grief;
It grows old because of all my enemies.

Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;
For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.
The Lord has heard my supplication;
The Lord will receive my prayer.
10 Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;
Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

No comments: