Thursday, April 25, 2019

Verse of the Day 4/25

Verse of the Day 4/25

Revelation 1:3   Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.  English Standard Version (ESV)

As I read today's verse I had to stop and think; how often, or when was the last time I read the Bible out loud?  After I did that; I then read the short passage out loud.  It felt good to hear those words coming out of my mouth, even if there was no one else around to hear them

I'm not saying that we always need to do so, but the verse does say that you'll be blessed by doing so.  So why not do so when you feel prompted?

The other thing that I'd like us to think about is the act of reading, of spending time in God's Word.  Once that time of the day is past or the opportunity to read goes by, it cannot be re-captured.

In an increasingly turbulent world, it is not too hard to think and realize that the time of His second coming is near.  Spending time with Him, and sharing His Word with others, and keeping, obeying what is written will bring a blessing and draw us nearer as that day approaches.

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
And be closer drawn to Thee.


Blessings,

Mike

Revelation 1:3-6 New International Version (NIV)

3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Greetings and Doxology
4 John,

To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.


Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: