Saturday, May 18, 2019

Verse of the Day 5/18

Verse of the Day 5/18

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5  Dear brothers and sisters, you are dearly loved by God and we know that he has chosen you to be his very own. For our gospel came to you not merely in the form of words but in mighty power infused with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. Surely you remember how we lived our lives transparently before you to encourage you.    The Passion Translation (TPT)

Yesterday I went to have a cortisone injection into my neck in hopes that it will relieve some of the pain and discomfort and numbness that I have been experienced in my neck and going down to the fingertips of my left hand.  This is my second injection and I head into it with hope; based on the results of the last injection.   As God would have it, these verses came up in a devotional that I read yesterday

The notes from the NIV "The Jesus Bible" read, "The people to whom Paul wrote as part of the church in Thessalonica were new followers of Jesus. They had many questions and challenges in the midst of severe opposition from the Jews. Therefore it seems natural that Paul would inject hope into every chapter of 1 Thessalonians. In much of the book, Jesus is pictured as the hope of salvation—both for this life and when he returns to earth. This message was especially vital to this audience since the gospel originally came to them amidst great suffering and affliction."    The word that naturally caught my attention was "inject".  I hope that the injection that I received will work and be helpful, but more that that I trust that God's Word would be at work in my life with "mighty power infused by the Holy Spirit" with deep conviction.    I've seen God answer prayers and do things in my family that give me hope in our current battles.  My youngest son Jason HAD an inoperable brain tumor, yes had, God took away the inoperable brain tumor.  My oldest son Jeff suffered a traumatic brain injury that has left him disables.  However, we were told that he would never walk or talk again.  After two years, he spoke his first words and he's been speaking to us in words and attitude every day, telling us how much he loves us; thanking us, thanking God for his wonderful life; and how he HAS the peace that passes understanding.    Jean will soon beginning some treatments for her NETs cancer.  It involves radioactive infusion.  Again, we pray that the treatments will be effective.  But more than that we know that she will be "infused with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction" as we continually lean and trust in Him.    Take the time to read the chapter and if you are facing challenges or trials today, may you experience the "hope filled patience in our Lord Jesus Christ" that Paul writes about.  

1 Thessalonians 1:3 For we remember before our God and Father how you put your faith into practice, how your love motivates you to serve others, and how unrelenting is your hope-filled patience in our Lord Jesus Christ  The Passion Translation (TPT)

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

No comments: