Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Verse of the Day 5/29

Verse of the Day 5/29

Deuteronomy 32:1-2 "Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak;
And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 Let my teaching drop as the rain,
My speech distill as the dew,
As raindrops on the tender herb,
And as showers on the grass. New King James Version (NKJV)

I know that it is not "officially" summer yet, but the heat here in the southeast tells me that it has arrived. It is supposed to be in the high 90's today and it has been several days since we've seen rain. The sun is strong and the grass in my front yard is starting to turn to brown in several spots, it is as if it is yearning for rain.

Today's verses come from the final chapters of Deuteronomy where Moses is offering some parting words and strong advice for God's people. They've been through the desert, wandering there for years and now they are about to head into the promised land. Moses begins His address by stating that God's people too, need to hear from God's Word to quench the thirst of their souls. He will dispense it as dew and raindrops and showers on His people.

The dew is something that settles even in the heat of summer, the overnight temperatures, combined with the humidity combine to produce the dew. Like the dew on the grass in summer so God's Word be for us, early in the morning.

Spend time in His Word each day, God will speak to you and give you your "dew", your showers of blessing when you need it, when your are desperate for it.

John Piper writes, "The world is desperate for a faith that combines two things: awestruck apprehension of unshakable divine Truth, and utterly practical, round-the-clock power to make a liberating difference in life. That is what I want too. Which is why I am a Christian."

Holy, holy, holy
Lord, God Almighty
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee

Blessings,

Mike

Deuteronomy 32:1-4 New Living Translation (NLT)

32 "Listen, O heavens, and I will speak!
Hear, O earth, the words that I say!
2 Let my teaching fall on you like rain;
let my speech settle like dew.
Let my words fall like rain on tender grass,
like gentle showers on young plants.
3 I will proclaim the name of the Lord;
how glorious is our God!
4 He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect.
Everything he does is just and fair.
He is a faithful God who does no wrong;
how just and upright he is!




 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: