Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Verse of the Day 5/22

Verse of the Day 5/22


John 17:9-10??So with deep love,??I pray for my disciples.

????????I???m not asking on behalf of the unbelieving world,
????????but for those who belong to you,
????????those you have given me.
10??For all who belong to me now belong to you.
????????And all who belong to you now belong to me as well,
????????and my glory is revealed through??their surrendered lives. ??
The Passion Translation (TPT)

Yesterday???s post ended with us considering ourselves as a friend of God, and more than that, children of God. ??Today???s verse comes from Jesus??? great prayer in John 17 and in these verses John writes that Jesus prays for His disciples. ??Think about that, Jesus praying for us. ??The One who created the world and keeps it going is thinking of and praying for us.

We may say that we desire, as a Christ follower; to live the victorious Christian life. ??The other sobering thing that is revealed in these verses is that the way that it is accomplished is surrender. ??Victory through surrender, not exactly something that the world would say makes sense. ??But have you seen it in your own life? ??When going through a trial you come to a point where you realize and acknowledge that you can???t do it, you can???t win it on your own, it must be through surrender to God.

All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live
All to Jesus I surrender
Humbly at His feet I bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me, Jesus, take me now,
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all


Blessings,

Mike

In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

John 17:8-10??English Standard Version (ESV)

8??For I have given them??the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that??I came from you; and??they have believed that you sent me.??9??I am praying for them.??I am not praying for the world but for those??whom you have given me, for??they are yours.??10??All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and??I am glorified in them.

--

No comments: