Sunday, May 5, 2019

Verse of the Day 5/5

Verse of the Day 5/5

Psalm 23:6 ?? So why would I fear the future?

For your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life.
Then afterward, when my life is through,
I???ll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you!?????? The Passion Translation (TPT)

This year I've been doing most of my reading in The Passion Translation (above).?? My reading in the psalms the other day brought me to Psalm 23, one of the most familiar passages for many, in the Bible.?? The translation states the verse a little differently than some others but the same message comes through.?? I read various translations not to find the best one or to get into theological arguments of one translation than another.?? I do so to let God speak through His Word, that He may be honored, "hallowed", and understood better.

In this morning's devotional in "My Daily Pursuit" from A.W. Tozer he writes, "If a Bible translation existed somewhere that I do not have, I would not know what it is.?? My basic thought is, I will never fight over or get all worked up and steamed up over a translation.?? Some are good and some are not.......The reason we have such a battle over Bible translations today is that some people have the idea that the text is an end in itself.?? The text is a means to an end."?? That end is to know Him and bring honor, glory and praise to Him better.

These verses tell us; know matter what translation; is that God is pursuing us with He love "all the days" of our lives, and that when this life is through, we'll return to His glorious presence and be with Him forever.

God sent His Son
They called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal and forgive
He lived and died to buy my pardon
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives
Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives
And then one day
I'll cross that river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death gives way to vict'ry
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know he lives
--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 23??Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Psalm 23

The Good Shepherd

A Davidic psalm.

1??The??Lord??is my shepherd;
there is nothing I lack.
2??He lets me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3??He renews my life;
He leads me along the right paths[a]
for His name???s sake.
4??Even when I go through the darkest valley,[b]
I fear no danger,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff[c]???they comfort me.

5??You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6??Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in[d]??the house of the??Lord
as long as I live.[e]

No comments: