Sunday, August 29, 2021

Verse of the Day 7/30


Verse of the Day 7/30

Galatians 2:20New International Version I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Our church will be celebrating a baptism service at a local lake this afternoon where scores of people will be going under the water and coming up again to "newness of life."  The ceremony has symbolism in it but it is far more than symbolic.  Those going through the rite will be making a declaration, testifying that they are no longer who they used to be, they are letting those present and all who they tell of the event that they now have their Lord Jesus Christ living in them.  They will never be the same again.

If you have been baptized, you can read this verse and testify that you now "live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  Step back for a moment and think of what the event meant to you however long ago; what it means for you today; and what it will mean for you for eternity.

1 I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
no turning back, no turning back.

2 Though none go with me, I still will follow;
though none go with me, I still will follow;
though none go with me, I still will follow;
no turning back, no turning back.

3 The world behind me, the cross before me;
the world behind me, the cross before me,
the world behind me, the cross before me;
no turning back, no turning back.



Have you made the decision to follow Him?  Testify, make a declaration to someone today/


Blessings, 

Mike 

 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV


Galatians 2:15-21
New International Version


15 "We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in[a] Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

17 "But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn't that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

19 "For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"




No comments: