Monday, August 23, 2021

Verse of the Day 8/23

Verse of the Day 8/23

John 14:16-17
New International Version


16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be  in you.

If you watch the news and the various reports that come out, if you are like me, there are many times when you wish that you could have confidence in what is being told.  You want the truth.  You don't want "spin" or carefully crafted words used as a substitute for the truth.

Today's verses are encouraging to us and they are humbling.  God the Father has given us the Holy Spirit as the voice of truth in our hearts and in our lives.  The Holy Spirit is the Helper, the One who comes along side of us and prompts us and reveals truth to us.  The question is, how well do we listen, how often do we follow the prescription of the truth in our lives?  All too often we listen to other voices telling us a different story, one that offers and "easy" solution that doesn't deliver as promised.

The truth is there, His Word and His help are there for us, they are in us and they WILL be in us.  May we pray that we will listen, believe and obey the voice of the Helper, the voice of truth.

 the waves are calling out my name
And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"
… But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.   (Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns)

Blessings, 

Mike 

 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 14:15-21
New International Version

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 "If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."

No comments: