Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Verse of the Day 9/4

Verse of the Day 9/4

Romans 5:1-2
New King James Version

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Today's verses came up in my read through the New Testament reading plan that I follow for yesterday.  They go right along with what we've been considering about peace and comfort in and through trials.  This comfort, peace and hope come from God, through Christ and His work by means of the Holy Spirit, the Trinity working together as one.

You will notice three key words mentioned here, "faith"; "peace", "grace", and "hope".  If we are to count our blessings, these are a good place to start.  Where would we be without them.  You will notice that Paul is speaking of these things in a passage that deals with trouble.  I left the heading for the passage above to remind us of that.  Read the short passage below (Romans 5:1-5).


Charles Spurgeon sums up these thoughts well as he writes, " Thank him for little grace, and ask him for great grace. He has given you hope, ask for faith; and when he gives you faith, ask for assurance; and when you get assurance, ask for full assurance; and when you have obtained full assurance, ask for enjoyment; and when you have enjoyment, ask for glory itself; and he shall surely give it to you in his own appointed season."

Does His grace amaze you as much as it amazes me?

My faithful father
Enduring friend
Your tender mercy is like a river with no end
It overwhelms me
Covers my sin
Each time I come into your presence
I stand in wonder once again
Your grace still amazes me
Your love is still a mystery
Each day I fall on my knees
'Cause your grace still amazes me
Your grace still amazes me        (Your Grace Still Amazes Me - Phiiiips, Craig and Dean)

Blessings, 

Mike 

 

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Romans 5:1-5
New King James Version

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [b]perseverance; and perseverance, [c]character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.


No comments: