Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Verse of the Day 10/6

Verse of the Day 10/6

Psalm 25:4-5
New Living Translation



Show me the right path, O Lord;
    point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God who saves me.
    All day long I put my hope in you.

Today's verses came up in my daily reading in the Psalms.  I read them at least twice a year but they always cause me to stop and consider how important they are and how important daily communication with God is in His Word and in prayer; prayerfully reading His Word.  We never know what the day will bring but starting out the day with the Lord and praying such a prayer will help you in ways you may never know.

The verses talk about our path in life and the roads that we follow which will lead to our final destination.  They speak of God's truth and the salvation that can be found only in Him.

Is God's Word a daily part of your life?  John Piper writes, that if he were 22 again, he would write the following pledge:

I resolve every day, in reading my Bible, to push through the haze of vague awareness to the very wording of the text itself;
and I would push into and through the wording of the text to the intention of the author's mind — both human and divine;
and I would push into and through that intention to the reality behind all the words and grammar and logic;
and I would push into that reality until it was an emotionally experienced reality, with emotions that correspond to the nature of the reality;
and I would push into and through this proportionately emotional experience of the reality behind the text until it took form in word and deed in my life;
and I would push through this emotionally charged word and deed until others saw the reality and joined me in this encounter with God's word.

How much different would our day be, would our future, our influence be if we would "push into and through" the same things today?  If we would we can be sure that He would show us the pathway.

1 All the way my Savior leads me–
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?
Heav'nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

2 All the way my Savior leads me–
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for ev'ry trial,
Feeds me with the living bread.
Though my weary steps may falter
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the rock before me,
Lo! a spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.







Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

No comments: