Sunday, November 14, 2021

Verse of the Day 11/14

Verse of the Day 11/14

Romans 5:1-2. New King James Version
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

I've said before that my oldest son Jeff, who is disabled, often says "hope is my favorite thing to have.  Because of his attitude, his testimony, any time that I read of hope in the Bible it catches my attention.  Today's verses and today's passage put hope front and center.  Any time that you see something repeated 3 times within a few verses, as is the case here, we should pay attention.

Verse 2 above tells us that we stand by His grace by faith and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  It is looking beyond the here and now to a future hope, an eternal hope.  That is what Jeff is looking for, and what he has, a hope that is certain, reserved in heaven for him.  It may not be realized now, but has been secured for us by what Jesus has done for us.

In church this morning we sang the song "What Can Take Away My Hallelujah" which brought these thoughts peace, faith and hope together.

Peace, be still
Calm this soul
I need You here now
Restore my hope
I confess
I've been afraid
Remind my heart, Lord
Increase my faith

So I will run into the waves
As courage comes to take fear's place
With perfect love, perfect love

O, what can take away
My hallelujah
No darkness can contain
My hallelujah
Your cross has made a way
For my hallelujah
My hallelujah

The heading for the passage below, states "Faith Triumphs in Trouble."  May you experience peace today by the grace of God that we have by the faith in which we stand.



Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV
Hebrews 4:14-16

Romans 5:1-2
New King James Version

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

Therefore, having been justified by faith,  we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

No comments: