Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Verse of the Day 11/9

Verse of the Day 11/9

1 Timothy 4:14-15
New King James Version



14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. 15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.

Our Tuesday morning Men's Bible Study went through this passage this morning and as we did, these verses reminded me of what we recently looked at from Hebrews 2:1-4 and considered how we are not to "neglect" our salvation and drift away.  Today's verse follow the same thought process in regards to using our gifts.  If we don't use them we will drift away from them.

Are we building on our faith, are we exercising in putting it into practice, into action?

When I was a teenager I played baseball and was a pitcher and shortstop.  Years later, in my mid thirties I joined a church softball team and when asked what I played i said "shortstop".  I had drifted away from the game and when I went back to put it into practice, I realized that I had lost more than a step.  Ground balls that would have been easy to field at one time now went right past me.  I ended up playing third base.  Would I have been able to resume playing shortstop if I had kept playing?  Probably, making adjustments as I aged, but jumping back in, no.

Don't let your spiritual gifts diminish, keep building them up, keep growing, keep adjusting to your place in life in your faith.  May your continual progress be known to and recognized by all.


Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

1 Timothy 4:12-16
New King James Version

Take Heed to Your Ministry

12 Let no one [a]despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, [b]in spirit, in faith, in purity. 13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to 
doctrine. 
14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. 15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. 16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.


No comments: