Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Verse of the Day 11/2

Verse of the Day 11/2

Psalm 37:1-2. English Standard Version


37 Fret not yourself because of evildoers;

    be not envious of wrongdoers!
For they will soon fade like the grass
    and wither like the green herb.

Today is an "off year" election day here in the U.S. and there will be local and state elections going on across the country for mayors, governors, school boards and many other positions.  If you follow the news there is much being said about some of these elections.  For many, it seems as if there hopes and dreams, there entire future (for the moment) is bound up in what will be decided.  Today's verses are a call for us "not to fret".  God is in control of all of this.  He has a plan and it will work out.

No matter who wins any of these elections, close to half of the population will be disappointed in the results.  But when we trust in the Lord and don't lean on our own understanding" (Prov. 3:5-6) we realize that He will work it all out.  He will make things straight one way or another.

We don't have a God who "frets" and has to figure out what to do.  He is in control, He is always standing by and we can stand on His promises.  So even if it seems that things that things are going out of control based on who wins a certain election, we can be assured that God has a reason for it.

I'm reminded of the Rich Mullins song "My Deliverer".  We need not fret because our deliverer is standing by.

My Deliverer is coming... My Deliverer is standing by [x2]
He will never break His promise - He has written it upon the sky
My Deliverer is coming... My Deliverer is standing by

My Deliverer is coming... My Deliverer is standing by [x2]
I will never doubt His promise though I doubt my heart... I doubt my eyes
My Deliverer is coming... My Deliverer is standing by

My Deliverer is coming... My Deliverer is standing by [x2]
He will never break His promise though the stars should break faith with the sky
My Deliverer is coming... My Deliverer is standing by

Read the passage below and consider what the Psalmist writes in verse 5:

Psalm 37:5 ESV Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him, and he will act.


Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Psalm 37
English Standard Version

He Will Not Forsake His Saints

[a] Of David.

37 Fret not yourself because of evildoers;
    be not envious of wrongdoers!
For they will soon fade like the grass
    and wither like the green herb.

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
    dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.


Delight yourself in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
    and your justice as the noonday.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
    fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
    over the man who carries out evil devices!



No comments: