Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Verse of the Day 10/3

Verse of the Day 10/3



John 14:1-2
English Standard Version

I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life

14 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?[


Our Monday Men's Bible Study reviewed this passage this week.  Verse 1 and verse 27 of chapter are like bookends for the chapter stating "do not let your hearts be troubled".  They have been very important in my life during the hard times.  But in reading verse 1 this week and preparing for the study I read that the word for "troubled" could also be translated "agitated".  It really hit me.  I had been able to handle and turn over some "big things" to the Lord but failed on day to day things that got me "agitated', aggravated, irritated and more.  These too need to be turned over to the Lord.  If we don't they can rob us of peace, joy within ourselves and with interactions with others.

John MacArthur notes that the word for "trouble" here "is strong and signifies horrror, anxiety, and agitation." As we go about our day today, may we be aware of those things that trouble us, that irritate, aggravate and frustrate us.  Turn them over to the Lord, pray for His guidance and peace in the situation and see what God will do.

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
 Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace.
2
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O'er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu'rors we are!
3
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!





Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 14:1-7
English Standard Version

I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life

14 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;[a] believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?[b] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going."[c] Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."


No comments: