Saturday, March 1, 2008

Verse of the Day 2/27

Through the Bible - Numbers 28-30, Mark 14
Good morning,
Yesterday I mentioned mean or evil looks.
Most of you know our son Jeffrey who suffered a traumatic brain injury several years ago which have left him disabled. If you know him now, you would know him as a person that is almost always smiling and doesn't wear a "mean look".
I've shared this before but I'll do it again today. One morning when I was getting Jeff up and he was being his happy self, I asked him why he is always so happy. He responded with, "I have the peace that passes understanding".
Jeff is a young man of few words, but it blows me away when I hear things like that come from him.
I was reminded of this this morning as I read Proverbs 1.
Prov 3:1-3
3 My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;
2 For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you. NKJV
The words that Jeff spoke and that peace were put in Jeff's heart by God.
I had woken up this morning with some anxiousness (anxiety) about the day ahead. Reading this chapter of Proverbs and thinking of my precious son, the joy that he is and the peace that he has, helped to bring peace back in my heart this morning.
What kind of things are you facing today that make you anxious?
Think about God's blessings, dwell upon His promises, don't forget what you've learned, draw upon it and "peace they will add to you."
May you have the joy in your heart, and the peace that passes understanding "down in your heart to stay".
Have a blessed day.
In Christ,
Mike
Prov 3:1-19
1 My son, do not forget my law,But let your heart keep my commands; 2 For length of days and long lifeAnd peace they will add to you.
3 Let not mercy and truth forsake you;Bind them around your neck,Write them on the tablet of your heart, 4 And so find favor and high esteemIn the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;Fear the Lord and depart from evil. 8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.
9 Honor the Lord with your possessions,And with the firstfruits of all your increase; 10 So your barns will be filled with plenty,And your vats will overflow with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,Nor detest His correction; 12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects,Just as a father the son in whom he delights.
13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom,And the man who gains understanding; 14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver,And her gain than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies,And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand,In her left hand riches and honor. 17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness,And all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her,And happy are all who retain her.

NKJV

No comments: