Friday, January 22, 2010

Verse of the Day 1/22

Through the Bible - Exodus 2-4, Matthew 16:5-28
 
Good morning,
Yesterday I referred to the song "Awake My Soul", I'd like to continue with the thought of the next line "prepare an entrance for your glory".
I read a devotional this morning that ended with the following prayer, "Lord, prepare me to fully receive and understand your Word".
 
For today's verse we'll go to Luke chapter 24 where Jesus is preparing His disciples for His departure.  But He won't leave them empty handed or empty hearted.
Luke 24:44 Then He said to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."  45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.    NKJV

Going back a couple of days, if we have found that "pearl of great price", if we are willing to give all to follow Him, we must know what Jesus would have us do, and we learn this from what God has told us through the scriptures, the full counsel of God.
 
Apart from Him there is no understanding the scriptures, we need God's Spirit to "open our understanding".
May it be the cry of our heart today.
 
It is the Cry of My Heart
 
Blessings,
Mike

mikevw@bellsouth.net
mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Luke 24:44-50
The Scriptures Opened
44 Then He said to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."  45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
46 Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,  47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.  48 And you are witnesses of these things.  49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."   NKJV

No comments: