Friday, May 28, 2010

Verse of the Day - 5/28

Through the Bible - 1 Chronicles 24-26, John 11:22-57
 

Good morning,

For today's verse we'll go back to John 6.  It is a passage of hope and reassurance based on what God has done and will do.

John 6:40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."   NASU
Think for a moment what it means to you that Jesus said "I Myself will raise" you up on the last day.  It's a personal message, He will lift you up personally.

As we head into the Memorial Day weekend, I thought I'd post some related verses for us to consider.  I'll let you add your own comments.

Isa 25:8 He will swallow up death for all time,
And the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces,
And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth;
For the Lord has spoken.
9 And it will be said in that day,
"Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us.
This is the Lord for whom we have waited;
Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation."   NASU


2 Peter 3:13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness.

14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.  NLT

 

Whether He comes in the "blink of an eye" while we are still living or from the grave by His call (think of Lazarus in today's NT reading), we are to be ready for Him, living in and according to His will and purposes.

 

Rom 8:38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. NLT

Blessings,
Mike

mikevw@bellsouth.net
mikesvotd.blogspot.com
 
John 6:35-41
35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.  36 "But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe.  37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.  38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.  39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.  40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."   NASU

No comments: