Monday, August 22, 2011

Verse of the Day 8/22

Through the Bible - Psalms 110-112, 2 Corinthians 1
 
After spending last Friday night talking about the healing in my son Jason with Jason, Kristen and our family, both Jean and I read about healing in our devotions on Saturday.  They came in the natural course of reading.  I was in Exodus and my morning reading, as I shared previously was Exodus 15 where we read in verse 26 "I Am the Lord who heals you".
 
Jean reads a devotional by Sarah Young "Jesus Calling".  The very first words in that devotional were "I Am a God who heals,  I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.  My very Presence has immense healing powers.  You cannot live close to me without experiencing some degree of healing.  However, it is also true that you have not because you ask not.  You receive the healing that flows naturally from My Presence, whether you seek it or not.  But there is more - much more available to those who ask."
 
For today's verses we'll go to Psalm 103 where David encourages us not to forget the benefits of calling on God, calling on Jesus, who forgives our sins and brings us healing.
 
Psalm 103:2-3 (NLT)  Let all that I am praise the Lord;
      may I never forget the good things he does for me.
 3 He forgives all my sins
      and heals all my diseases.
 
John MacArthur summarizes these "benefits" the good things that He does for us.  His gifts include 1) forgiveness of sin, 2) recovery from sickness, 3) deliverance from death, 4) abundant lovingkindness and mercy, 5) food to sustain life.
 
What can you add to this list?
 
If God willingly provides all these things why won't we go to Him more often?
 
Luke 11:10 Amplified Bible (AMP)10For everyone who asks and keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened.
 
What kind of healing are you in need of?  Ask, keep on asking for it.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 103:1-5

English Standard Version (ESV)

Of David.
 1 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
   and all that is within me,
   bless his holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits,
3who forgives all your iniquity,
   who heals all your diseases,
4who redeems your life from the pit,
   who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5who satisfies you with good
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments: