Monday, September 19, 2011

Verse of the Day 9/19

Psalm 95:1-2  New Living Translation (NLT)   Come, let us sing to the Lord!
      Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
 2 Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
      Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
 
I read this psalm over the weekend and thought it did a good job of bringing together some of the thoughts from last week.  These include God being our Rock and shelter, His faithfulness through all generations, and that His mercy is new and renewed every morning.
 
The first song that we sang in church yesterday was "How Can I Keep from Singing" as recorded by Chris Tomlin.

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

As you start your week, can you identify with any of the lines of this song?  May you know that you are "loved by the King" and May God make your heart want to sing about it today.
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Psalm 95 English Standard Version

Let Us Sing Songs of Praise

 1 Oh come, let us sing to the LORD; 
   let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! 
2 Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; 
   let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
 
3 For the LORD is a great God, 
   and a great King above all gods. 
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth; 
   the heights of the mountains are his also. 
5 The sea is his, for he made it, 
   and his hands formed the dry land. 
6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; 
   let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker! 
7 For he is our God, 
   and we are the people of his pasture, 
   and the sheep of his hand.
 

No comments: