Thursday, September 13, 2012

Verse of the Day 9/13

 2 Corinthians 8:11  Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means.   (NIV)
 

Yesterday we considered how easy it is to drift away, to stray from the path.  It is fairly easy to fall into a pattern of "wandering",  Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love.

 

The read through the Bible plan that I'm following through the New Testament brought me to today's verse.  It's a call to finish the work.  This may involve getting back in the game, back in the race.  Paul looks at life as a race, a marathon.  In a marathon, unlike a 100 yard dash, a runner may fall, but still be able to be picked up and complete and even win the race.

 

In his blog, Ray Ortlund posted the words to the song "Let Me Rediscover You".  It goes along with these thoughts of getting back on the path, in the game, or getting back on course.

 

You see my weakness, my pride, my blindness
You wield your power through them all
Of all the mysteries, still, the greatest to me
Is that you're faithful when I fall
How can I say I know you
When what I know is still so small?

 

Let me rediscover you
And breathe in me your life anew
Tell me of the God I never knew
And let me rediscover you

 

Let me cry "Holy, holy, holy"
Let me awaken to your majesty
And see a glimmer of your glory
Let me abide in you

 

Let me rediscover you
And by your grace I'll follow through
Reveal to me the God I thought I knew

 

Have you been drifting?  Perhaps you could say the words to this song as a prayer to get back on track.

 

Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

 

2 Corinthians 8:10-12 New International Version (NIV)

10 And here is my judgment about what is best for you in this matter. Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11 Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12 For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.

No comments: