Sunday, September 9, 2012

Verse of the Day 9/9

Psalm 119:33-34 Teach me, Lord, the meaning of Your statutes,
and I will always keep them.
34 Help me understand Your instruction,
and I will obey it
and follow it with all my heart.    (HCSB)
As we head out to church today or spend time in God's Word on our own, may this be the attitude of our hearts.  It should be the attitude every day.  May we go to church and approach God's Word to listen, to understand what we are being taught and apply it to our lives.
 
In this day and age we have not only the statutes from the Old Testament but also the New Testament which testify of our Lord and Savior.  Jesus was the example, He fulfilled the scriptures.  He taught, demonstrated and set tone of what following the Father should look like.  It was not only knowledge but the attitude of the heart, perhaps best displayed in the Beatitudes.
 
These verses reminded me of what Paul was teaching in 2 Corinthians 4.  He warned of not being blinded by the god of this age, worthless things (v.37) but to proclaim Christ as Lord and let His light shine through.
 
2 Corinthians 4:4-6  In their case, the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For we are not proclaiming ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your slaves because of Jesus. 6 For God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of God's glory in the face of Jesus Christ.  (HCSB)
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 119:33-40  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
 
33 Teach me, Lord, the meaning of Your statutes,
and I will always keep them.
34 Help me understand Your instruction,
and I will obey it
and follow it with all my heart.

35 Help me stay on the path of Your commands,
for I take pleasure in it.
36 Turn my heart to Your decrees
and not to material gain.
37 Turn my eyes
from looking at what is worthless;
give me life in Your ways.
38 Confirm what You said to Your servant,
for it produces reverence for You.
39 Turn away the disgrace I dread;
indeed, Your judgments are good.
40 How I long for Your precepts!
Give me life through Your righteousness.

No comments: