Saturday, September 15, 2012

Verse of the Day 9/15

Jeremiah 29:13  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  (ESV)
Eight years ago today we officially moved into our home in North Carolina.  We pulled up roots and relocated from Illinois.  It was not easy to do, but looking back, we can see where God helped us right away, surrounding us with new friends and a church family to help us establish roots.
 
In this passage Jeremiah was calling on the people to "set roots" in the city where He had placed them, to "seek the welfare of the city" and to pray to God for the people of the city on its behalf.  (v.7).  Wherever God sends us, wherever we find ourselves, we need to trust Him.  Even when we are not sure of what He is doing, He does, as is revealed in the preceding verses.
 
Jeremiah 29:11-12  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  (ESV)
 
You may find yourself in a new place, physically, emotionally or spiritually today.  Perhaps you are facing a move, a change in your life.  The call today from Jeremiah still holds true in our lives today.  If we seek Him with all our heart, we will find Him and He will ultimately give us the desires of our heart.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Jeremiah 29:10-13  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
10 For this is what the Lord says: "When 70 years for Babylon are complete, I will attend to you and will confirm My promise concerning you to restore you to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you"—this is the Lord's declaration—"plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

No comments: