Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Verse of the Day 1/8

Verse of the Day 1/8
 

Micah 7:7 But I will look to the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me.Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

One of the first things I read this morning was a daily quote from John Murray in"Of First Importance".

"It is of paramount concern for the Christian and for the interests of his sanctification that he should know that sin does not have the dominion over him, that the forces of redeeming, regenerative, and sanctifying grace have been brought to bear upon him in that which is central in his moral and spiritual being, that he is the habitation of God through the Spirit, and that Christ has been formed in him the hope of glory. "


The statement brought to mind 1 Corinthians 13:10 and the power we have in Christ not to yield to but to overcome temptation.  When the temptations come, were are not hopeless or defenceless.  We have power to overcome in the presence of the Holy Spirit.  This brought to mind the words from the Newsboys song:


My God's not deadHe's surely aliveHe's living on the insideRoaring like a lion 
It is one thing to be ignorant.  It is another thing altogether to ignore something, especially the roar of a lion.  Next time the Holy Spirit speaks to us when we call out to Him, may we listen and not ignore.
Read the verse in conjunction with the final verses of the chapter below.  May they strengthen you today.
Blessings,Mike

Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,   

 I wait for God my Savior;  

  my God will hear .

18 Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgivesthe transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
20 You will be faithful to Jacob,
    and show love to Abraham,
as you pledged on oath to our ancestors
    in days long ago.  NIV

No comments: