Friday, June 14, 2013

Verse of the Day 6/14

 
Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father's God, and I will exalt him.  English Standard Version (ESV)
 
We have considered how it is in Christ's strength that we stand in grace. 
 
This weekend we will be celebrating Father's Day where we honor our fathers, our dads.  For those of us who were raised in a Christian home we should be thankful for Christian, for godly fathers.  We should be thankful that their heritage has been passed on to us.  Whether or not we had this experience it should be the desire of us men to pass on our spiritual heritage to our children.  To raise them up and train them in the way they should go.
 
This will be the second Father's Day since my dad went to be with the Lord.  I am thankful for his spirit, for his faith, for showing me what being a father should be.  I miss him but will remember and honor him this weekend as I worship and honor my father's God.
 
Faith of our fathers, we will strive
To win all nations unto Thee;
And through the truth that comes from God,
We all shall then be truly free.
Refrain
Faith of our fathers, we will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife;
And preach Thee, too, as love knows how
By kindly words and virtuous life.
 
Faith of our fathers, holy faith!
We will be true to thee till death.
 
Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at http://www.mikesvotd.blogspot.com/
 

Exodus 15:1-3

New International Version (NIV)

The Song of Moses and Miriam

15 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord:
"I will sing to the Lord,
    for he is highly exalted.
Both horse and driver
    he has hurled into the sea.
"The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];
    he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father's God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a warrior;
    the Lord is his name.

No comments: