Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Verse of the Day 11/3

Verse of the Day 11/3

Isaiah 6:8And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me."  English Standard Version (ESV)

The heading for this passage in Isaiah is "Isaiah's commissioning from the Lord".  Isaiah had just witnessed the glorious vision in the temple where the angels proclaimed "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts.  He had seen the "woes" of his people and had realized his own situation before God, saying "woe is me".  But when God commission's someone He sees him for what he will be, who he will become and what he will do and say.

Isaiah's words and attitude are commendable, a model for us should God call us to serve Him in a particular ministry or in our daily walk.  But even if we don't have Isaiah's boldness don't think that God won't use us.  We just may take a little more  molding, a little more convincing.  There are several great examples in the Bible of those who did not jump at the Lord's initial prompting.  Take a look at how Moses reacted back in Exodus 4.

Exodus 4:13   But he said, "Oh, my Lord, please send someone else."    English Standard Version (ESV)

Has God been working on your heart, prompting you to get involved, to put your heart into something new that he has for you to do.  What is your heart's   attitude - "send someone else, or send me?"    If you are not sure, I would encourage you to spend more quiet time with God, day by day in His Word and in prayer.  Ask this question of yourself, as   Pastor Bob suggested in last week's sermon, "who am I and what am I doing here".  God may be preparing to commission you.  At some point may we be   willing to say, "here I am, send me."  --   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 6:1-8Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Isaiah's Call and Mission

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and loftythrone, and His robe[a] filled the temple. Seraphim[b] were standing above Him; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another:

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts;
His glory fills the whole earth.

The foundations of the doorways shook at the sound of their voices, and the temple was filled with smoke.

Then I said:

Woe is me for I am ruined[c]
because I am a man of unclean lips
and live among a people of unclean lips,
and because my eyes have seen the King,
the Lord of Hosts.

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, and in his hand was a glowing coal that he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said:

Now that this has touched your lips,
your wickedness is removed
and your sin is atoned for.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying:

Who should I send?
Who will go for Us?

I said:

Here I am. Send me.

  

No comments: