Friday, August 4, 2017

Verse of the Day 8/4
 

Jeremiah 33:2-3 Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it—the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. English Standard Version (ESV)

 
We've been considering how we face our trials and troubles, where we should turn and whom we should trust.  Today's verses, which were today's Bible Gateway verse of the day, were written when the prophet Jeremiah was facing trials and troubles of his own.  While locked up in jail, he wrote these words that God spoke to him, "call to me and I will answer you".
 
The point that jumped out at me today is that God, the Creator of the universe and all that is in it, did not create it and let it go as some would believe, He formed it to "establish it".  The One who created the world has created us and called us.  In calling us, as we answer, respond and follow He will form and establish us.
 
I was reminded of a stanza from the Philips, Craig and Dean song "Awake My Soul"
 
Awake my soul, prepare an entrance for Your glory
And let my heart become a throne for You to dwell
And when I need Your Holy Spirit more than life itself
Then Christ is formed in me
 
May that be our hearts cry, our prayer.  As the Lord spoke to Jeremiah He continues to speak to us through His word "come to me and I will answer you", may we prepare our hearts to receive those great and hidden things that He has for us.
 
Blessings,
 
Mike
 

Jeremiah 33The Message (MSG)

Things You Could Never Figure Out on Your Own

33 While Jeremiah was still locked up in jail, a second Message from God was given to him:
2-3 "This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'
 
 



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: