Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Verse of the Day 9/12

Verse  of  the Day 9/12
 
Isaiah 46:4  I will be the same until your old age,
and I will bear you up when you turn gray.
I have made you, and I will carry you;
I will bear and save you. 
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
 
At some  point we have to admit that  we  are past middle age,  that we are growing  old.  A common, (but not always) indicator is gray hair.  People  will  do  all  kinds  of  things to cover it up, to mask it for fear of  being considered or labeled  as old, but at some  point  we have to  admit  it.  As we age we realize that we  aren't as nimble, we  aren't as quick as we used to be and unfortunately, it is the way it is.
 
Reading today's verse made me smile,  I have to admit that I'm getting  older but the verse brings confidence, even moving  into  "old age", because  the  same God who has carried  me  through  the trials  of this  life will be carrying  me into, through and  beyond  old  age into  eternity.  Think about  these  promises of God to those who believe the first statement "I  have  made  you".  He  states through the prophet, "I  will carry you, I  will  bear you and  save you."   That is  encouragement  for  me and  I hope  it  is  for you  too.
 

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
  Standing on the promises of God.
 
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
  I'm standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
  Standing on the promises of God.
 
Let's review the promises in this verse -  "I will be the  same  to  your  old  age",  I will  bear you up when  you turn gray, I will carry you, I  will  bear  you,  I  will  save  you.  Count on it.
 
Blessings,
 
Mike
 
Isaiah 46:1-4The Message (MSG)
This Is Serious Business, Rebels
46 1-2 The god Bel falls down, god Nebo slumps.
    The no-god hunks of wood are loaded on mules
And have to be hauled off,
    wearing out the poor mules—
Dead weight, burdens who can't bear burdens,
    hauled off to captivity.
3-4 "Listen to me, family of Jacob,
    everyone that's left of the family of Israel.
I've been carrying you on my back
    from the day you were born,
And I'll keep on carrying you when you're old.
    I'll be there, bearing you when you're old and gray.
I've done it and will keep on doing it,
    carrying you on my back, saving you.
 
Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: