Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Verse of the Day 9/27

 
 

Verse of the Day 9/27

 

Psalm 86:5-6   For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
    abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
    listen to my plea for grace.  English Standard Version (ESV)

 

There are times in our lives when we know that we have sinned, there are times when we may have fallen away or wandered away from Him and have the feeling that He would not take us back.  That is the enemy talking, whispering in our ears.  God is forgiving, He knows our faults, none of them are hidden from Him.  But He is mighty to save, mighty to forgive.  The question is are we willing to call out to God as the tax collector did in Matthew 18:13 "be merciful to me, a sinner."

 

James Smith writes:

What a beautiful representation of God is this! How comforting, at the close of another day's cares and troubles, sorrows and sins--to be reminded that our "God is good," and especially that He is "ready to forgive"--ready to pardon all the faults and follies of this day--ready to pass them by, and still treat me as His beloved child!

 

He only requires me to confess and be sorry for my sins--and in a moment, all is forgiven, all is forgotten, and forgotten forever!

 

Then He is "abundant in mercy." The fountain of His mercy has not yet run dry. Run dry! It is not in the least diminished! His mercy is a boundless, fathomless, endless ocean!

 

God has plenty of mercy for miserable sinners . . .

  mercy to pardon them,

  mercy to purify them,

  mercy to comfort them,

  mercy to save them--

mercy for all who call upon Him! 

 

If you have fallen or wandered away, be willing to call out to Him, be reminded as James Smith said that "God has plenty of mercy for us miserable sinners", mercy to pardon, purify, comfort and save.

 

Blessings,

 

Mike

 

Psalm 86:1-8New Living Translation (NLT)


Psalm 86


A prayer of David.


Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
    answer me, for I need your help.
Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
    Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
    You are my God.
Be merciful to me, O Lord,
    for I am calling on you constantly.
Give me happiness, O Lord,
    for I give myself to you.
O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
    so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.
Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
    hear my urgent cry.
I will call to you whenever I'm in trouble,
    and you will answer me.

No pagan god is like you, O Lord.
    None can do what you do!

 
 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: