Sunday, September 3, 2017

Verse of the Day 9/3

Verse of the Day 9/3

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says:

I am Yahweh your God,
who teaches you for your benefit,
who leads you in the way you should go.   Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

   

As I read today's verse in my devotions this morning, several things stood out to me, God said these words through the prophet Isaiah thousands of years ago, yet they are for us today, He is speaking, saying the same thing to us, His followers who read it this morning.  As you read the verse and the others below I'm sure they'll bring to mind other scriptures that we have been taught that have benefited us more than we can ever realize.

The Lord, the Creator and Sustainer of the earth reminds us the He, that Jesus is our Redeemer, the One who payed the price for us, a gift that we can never repay that we will be with Him, have His presence with us for now and forever more. 

He is the Holy One, pure, righteous and He calls for us to seek the same thing from us, He is working in us to mold, shape, and renew our minds and our hearts (Romans 12:2).  He is Yahweh, the Great I Am, He is Elohim the Creator and He is our God whether we acknowledge it or not He is.

He teaches us and brings what we've been taught to our recollection for our benefit and for His glory.

He leads us in the way that we should go.

What songs and hymns come to mind as you consider these verses?  I'll share a few stanzas of a couple that came to my mind.

He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
O words with heav'nly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

  • Refrain:
    He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
    By His own hand He leadeth me;
    His faithful foll'wer I would be,
    For by His hand He leadeth me.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.


Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!


Why do we live without Jesus?
Why do we waste another day?
He is the life that sustains us
The only hope for us today
So tell me, why do we live
Why do we live without Him?  (Steve Green - A Chasing of the Wind)

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Isaiah 48:16-18

16 Come closer, and listen to this.
    From the beginning I have told you plainly what would happen."

And now the Sovereign Lord and his Spirit
    have sent me with this message.
17 This is what the Lord says—
    your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"I am the Lord your God,
    who teaches you what is good for you
    and leads you along the paths you should follow.
18 Oh, that you had listened to my commands!
    Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river
    and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.

No comments: