Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Verse of the Day 7/17

Verse of the Day 7/17

John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Savior, the Holy Spirit of Truth, who will be to you a friend just like me—and he will never leave you. The world won't receive him because they can't see him or know him. But you will know him intimately, because he will make his home in you and will live inside you. The Passion Translation (TPT)

Yesterday we considered from Ecclesiastes how "family and friends give strength". While I wholeheartedly agree with this, it is not just the family and friends that give us strength, it is often th Holy Spirit working in those family members and friends that gives us strength.

In today's passage, Jesus is encouraging and comforting His disciples. While preparing them for a time that he wouldn't be physically with them, he is telling them that the Holy Spirit would come, the "Paraclete" or one who comes alongside.

Even in times where we find ourselves alone and without family and friends at our side, we do have the Holy Spirit, the Comforter to who comes alongside, can guide us in the Word to find the help that we need. Not only that, He "will abide with us forever" v. 16 below.

What should these thoughts encourage us to do? Keep trusting.

I just keep trusting my Lord as I walk a long
I just keep trusting my Lord and He gives a song
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heav'nly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail

He's a faithful friend, such a faithful friend
I can count on Him to the very end
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heav'nly trail
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail

I just keep trusting my Lord on the narrow way
I just keep trusting my Lord as He leads each day
Though the road is weary at times and I'm sad and blue
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will se me through

Blessings,

Mike

John 14:15-18 New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Promises Another Helper
15 "If you love Me, [a]keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [b]Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.



 Follow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: