Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Verse of the Day 7/31

Verse of the Day 7/31

Psalm 31:14-15?? But I??trust in you, O??Lord;

????????I say, ???You are my God.???
15??My??times are in your hand;
????????rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!???? English Standard Version (ESV)

In yesterday's post we considered the Christian "walk", the Pilgrim's Progress, going through life following God through life's joys and challenges.?? Today's verses from Psalm 31 show that overarching attitude of such a pilgrim on life's journey.?? He says "I trust you"; You are my God"; my times are in your hand.

Don Fortner writes:

"My times". That is to say . . .     my ups and my downs,    my health and my sickness,    my prosperity and my adversity,    my wealth and my poverty,    my happiness and my sorrow  --all of these are in the hands of my Lord and Redeemer, who arranges and appoints the length of my days and the darkness of my nights according to His wise and holy will."    In life there are ups and downs; sickness and health; wealth and adversity, happiness and sorrow.  God is there with us through all of them and at times we will have to call for deliverance, for relief, for peace.  All of these can be done while trusting in Him for He is our God and our salvation.  

I'll close with the old Fanny Crosby hymn, she knew something about what it was like, what it took to trust; to seek His rescue and to follow.

  1. All the way my Savior leads me,
    What have I to ask beside?
    Can I doubt His tender mercy,
    Who through life has been my Guide?
    Heav???nly peace, divinest comfort,
    Here by faith in Him to dwell!
    For I know, whate???er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well;
    For I know, whate???er befall me,
    Jesus doeth all things well.
  2. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Cheers each winding path I tread,
    Gives me grace for every trial,
    Feeds me with the living Bread.
    Though my weary steps may falter
    And my soul athirst may be,
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see;
    Gushing from the Rock before me,
    Lo! A spring of joy I see.
  3. All the way my Savior leads me,
    Oh, the fullness of His love!
    Perfect rest to me is promised
    In my Father???s house above.
    When my spirit, clothed immortal,
    Wings its flight to realms of day
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way;
    This my song through endless ages:
    Jesus led me all the way.


--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 31:14-16??New Living Translation (NLT)

14??But I am trusting you, O??Lord,
????????saying, ???You are my God!???
15??My future is in your hands.
????????Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly.
16??Let your favor shine on your servant.
????????In your unfailing love, rescue me.

No comments: